When we learn something, our knowing changes us. We learn to walk and talk and learn ever more complex things. Once our knowing becomes woven into our system of reality, our intuitive ability is overshadowed and can become extinct for all practical purposes. It's a bit like the old saying, My mind's made up, don't confuse me with facts.
With our eyes we can only see a tiny fraction of the trillions of stars. People made assumptions based on what they saw. If a high powered telescope is used, what we can see expands and keeps expanding with stronger and stronger telescopes. We become like super beings compared to those only using their eyes.
Let's take that to spirituality. There is one Divine Reality in everyone and everything. All is sacred. This sacredness is and has been known by many peoples across history- indigenous people, Celtic Christians, mystics, poets, scriptures, etc.
BUT a person cannot directly experience and know this unless certain conditions have been met.
What are these conditions?
- Make yourself clear via forgiveness practices. Let go. Work to hold no anger or resentment or regret regarding oneself or anyone.
- Practice unconditional love. Show up to every moment radiating love without discrimination.
- Be pure in heart. Let go of all behaviors, thoughts or attitudes that are not pure and holy.
- Be humble. Know it is One Divine Reality working, moving, flowing through you. Therefore, let ego drift away.
- Spend time daily in the quiet, listening, contemplating spiritual truths, praying. Make a space for daily sacred time.
- Write thoughts and insights in a journal dedicated to that purpose.