- Be yourself, everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde
- I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself. Rita Mae Brown
- Most people are other people. Their thoughts are some else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. Oscar Wilde
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living some else's life. Steve Jobs
- Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. Bernard M.Baruch
- When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everyone will respect you. Lao Tzu
For some, it is a long journey to finally be at home in their own skin. I think there is no inner peace until we finally accept who we are, keep refining that, and live from an inner core. God created each of us to be unique, knowing that the unique talents/gifts in us are needed, or at least helpful, here on earth.
I have often counseled - Be yourself, you are the only person who can be you, and if you do not live fully as who you are, there is a hole in the web of life. No one else can be you. That is your job.
In my understanding of life, I think our uniqueness is required to come together with our brothers and sisters and their uniqueness in order to create a life on earth for all that is glorious. It is our job to bring the high consciousness, compassion, kindness, and love to earth and transform earth to be that. In other words, part of our job here is to bring the kingdom of God to earth, to heal, to lift, to care, to be a light --- each and everyone of us is needed for that. Our authentic selves are needed desperately.
As so often it happens across the history of this planet, we come to a crucial pivot point. We see old values disintegrating. We see long rationalizations for horrific things. We see breakdowns all over the place. Instead of playing music as Rome burns, we watch television or play games while the ugly and the hateful take over more and more of earth.
Somehow let's reach deep within to our authentic selves and participate fully in whatever ways we can to bring this planet and its life to peace and love and light. As I see it, we must stand up or the darkness will spread and it will be a long time, centuries possibly, before we have another chance to pivot to the kingdom of Light.
Today let us each think of being a bearer of Light and Love to wherever we are and to whomever we meet or even just see. Let's make a positive difference today. Let's pivot the direction of life on earth from the darkside to the Light. Let's be who we were created to be.