So here it is near the end of 2012!!! Wow!!! With dwindling time left to serve on earth, what can I do to waste a lot less of it. I think I might begin by asking myself questions. Fill in the blanks with the activity being considered.
- Is this _________ something that makes my insides sing and dance and be filled with joy?
- Is this _________ something I really, really, really want to do?
- Is this __________ something that helps me be more spiritually awake?
- Is this __________ something that is helpful, lifting, useful, meaningful, and positive?
- Would I truthfully name this _______ a waste of my time?
- Is this ________ in anyway tied to my life's purposes?
- When I stand before the Divine, when my time here is over, will I be happy to present this _________ as something I gave the coin of my life for?
I am sure you can come up with more questions that speak to you. For me, for now, I came up with the number of completion, 7.
Now, do I have the courage to ask these of myself and then to fearlessly apply them to the remaining moments of my life? It remains to be seen, but I can begin and do my best and see what happens.
In the finite time I have left on earth, oh Divine Master, guide me to see clearly what it is that I spend the coin of my life upon and to choose wisely.