So many have hypothesized that we are automatons, walking our lives asleep, hypnotized. This can be seen a number of ways, it seems to me.
- True believers, those who are totally enveloped in some belief, whether it be political or religious, that any contrary view sets them off in some sort of tantrum.
- Frequent cognitive dissonance.
- Those who are slaves to habits of any sort.
- Those who have triggers that others can set off, buttons that can be pushed, and always a canned reaction pours forth.
- Those who walk life with no sparkle in their eyes, often a bit slumped in posture, having given up and just going through the motions.
- And so forth